Registration Rate: PTAG Members: *Complimentary | Non-Members: $10
(*Limited Space Available, Registration Required)
Middle GA LAN Webinar: PT Documentation for Workman’s Compensation
Middle GA LAN will host a webinar on PT Documentation for Workman’s Compensation. All PTAG PTs, PTAs and student members as well as non-members are invited to attend. This is something you will want to be a part of.
- Review the current landscape of healthcare expenditure and strategies employed to manage escalating costs
- Describe the role of physical therapy utilization management (UM) companies, their relationship(s) to third party payers/insurers, and the value of working collaboratively with the UM company.
- Discuss the concept of medical necessity as it applies to outpatient physical therapy services
- Discuss the therapist’s role in developing evidence based treatment plans that demonstrate measurable, functional improvement
- Document medical necessity of services to advocate for appropriate physical therapy benefits.
- Employ effective communication strategies with peer reviewers and referring providers.
Vycki Rupakus, PT, MS, DPT is Director of Therapy Services at eviCore healthcare. She is responsible for clinical oversight of eviCore’s utilization management programs for Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Speech Therapy. Major responsibilities include creation of clinical criteria as well as interaction with providers/health plans/professional associations to help achieve the Triple Aim.
Before joining eviCore healthcare in 2008, Vycki spent three years as a Director of Clinical Services at Physiotherapy Associates focusing on compliance and provider education. Prior to that, Vycki served as an administrative director of Physical Medicine services in several healthcare systems in New York, Massachusetts, and Pennsylvania.
Vycki received her bachelor’s degree in Physical Therapy from Boston University, master’s degree in Exercise Physiology from the University of Illinois, and doctorate in Physical Therapy from Marymount University.
|Event Start||02-28-2018 7:00 pm|
|Event End||02-28-2018 8:00 pm|
|Registration Closes||02-28-2018 2:00 pm|
|Cost||PTAG Members: Complimentary / Non-Members: $10|
|Cancellation Policy||Cancellation requests must be submitted via email by Monday, February 26, 2018 in order to receive a full refund of the registration fee. Refunds will not be issued for cancellations received after this date.|