It is essential that we have a strong turnout for this event, and you can help!
When: February 25, 2020
Time: 7:30 am - 2:00 pm
What: Physical Therapy Day at the Capitol
Where: The Georgia Capitol Building
Breakfast Location: Freight Room (Depot), 65 Martin Luther King Jr Dr SE, Atlanta, Georgia 30334
Parking for the Breakfast: The Georgia Freight Depot does not have dedicated parking and guests will be self parking/self paying.
Recommended self parking areas: 33 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd SW surface lot or 65 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd SW Underground Atlanta parking Deck. Taxi/Uber/Lyft drop off is at 33 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd SW in surface parking lot, which has direct access to the Depot.
MARTA: If you are planning on using MARTA to get to the event, click here for more information.
Registration Rate: Complimentary (please note registration is required to attend)
Registration Closes: February 19, 2020
Key Events Include:
- Photo opportunities with Governor and/or prominent legislator
- Recognition by the state legislature and constituent meetings
This will allow legislators and staff to become actively engaged, get to know our organization and learn about the cost savings benefits of physical therapy.
||Registration & Hot Breakfast Opens, Freight Room (Depot)
Welcome & Introduction - Dan Dale, PTAG President
Presentation - J.L. Morgan & Associates
Overview of Lobby Day Activities
||Attendees walk to the State Capitol
||Group Photo with Governor (TBD)
|11 am - 2 pm
||Attendees visit with Georgia legislators | Location: Rotunda
The Capitol will be very crowded with legislators, staff, lobbyists and visitors. Please dress in business or business casual attire to maintain the professional atmosphere.
- Parking: Spaces for visitors with disabilities are located on Mitchell Street. Vehicles may stop briefly at the loading zone to drop off passengers.
- Entrances: Visitors in wheelchairs may enter the Capitol from the loading zone off of Mitchell Street and from Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive via ramps which provide access to the first (ground) floor.
- Elevators: The elevators are located on the east and west sides of the Capitol.
- Restrooms: Wheelchair accessible restrooms are located on the first, third and fourth floors of the Capitol building. Facilities for ladies are located on the first floor, inside the Capitol Avenue entrance and on the third floor in room 342. Mens' facilities can be found on the first floor and on the fourth floor adjacent to the House Gallery.
- Water Fountains: Accessible water fountains can be found near the first floor restrooms on the east side of the Capitol and inside the Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive entrance.
- Telephones: Both a TDD and a Volume Control Telephone are located on the first floor of the Capitol in the restroom area.
- Galleries: Wheelchair spaces are provided in the Senate and House galleries and most legislative committee meeting rooms are accessible.
- Capitol Grounds: The paths leading to points of interest on the Capitol grounds are paved.
In compliance with security regulations, all visitors must enter the Capitol through a metal detector; the X-ray machine must examine hand-carried items. No weapons, including pocketknives, are allowed in the Capitol. These items should be left in a vehicle because security is not able to hold these items. In addition, off-duty law enforcement officers will not be allowed to carry their weapons while they are inside the Capitol.